RENT THE MORTON
On the corner of Washington Street and Hull Street stands a piece of Athens history which has provided an extraordinary venue for patrons since 1910. The Morton Theatre boasts state-of-the-art lighting and audio systems framed in the simple elegance of a brilliant bluesy décor. The antiqued seating is reminiscent of a bygone era in Athens' rich history.
The Morton Theatre is a popular choice for the performing arts thanks to its charmingly classic ambiance and storied past.
When you perform at the Morton, time seems to reverse and your event borrows the spirit of the roaring 20's when big bands reigned, and attending a night at the theatre ignited a spark within the soul.
- 480-seat, acoustically superb auditorium
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- Restored and adapted for performing arts space and community events
- Available for performance rentals, tours, seminars, small banquets, meetings, conferences, receptions, and more
- Meets Americans with Disabilities Act requirements